Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Introduction


Hello, welcome to our blog. I figured this is the best way for friends and family to learn what is happening in our life here in Saskatoon.






On November 15th we moved to our little house in Saskatoon. It is an old house that was built in 1912, and needed (needs) a lot of work. We bought it because it has potential and was in our price range. It is a two storey house with three bedrooms upstairs, one bathroom (very small at present), a kitchen, dining room and of course a living room.






The first thing we did was strip the ugly pink wallpaper off the master bedroom. (Just the outerlayer though). Then we roughed in the plumbing for the new bathroom and the kitchen. Jason had to dig a 2 ft trench through our basement for it.




I also painted the dining room walls and fireplace. I had originally chosen the lighter shade of 'red' for the walls. When I painted it on I realized that lighter shade of 'red' really means pink... so I quickly changed it to "Arabian Sands". And we changed the light fixture from an 80's fan, to what I hope is a funky old style of light. We haven't quite finished painting the trim... as well it's a bit hard to paint with an active six month old.



This past weekend we stripped the living room's ugly green wallpaper, it took both of us two days to strip it and wash the walls. This weekend we hope to finish patching the walls and paint it.

That pretty much brings us up to today. I will post more later on. Hope you have a great day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I had to show mom where the comment thing was and she's busy so she told me to put in a comment so..... um..... hi. Anyways, say hi to jason and sofie k? luv, nesa
(your favoritest little sister)